- 6 red potatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion, fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 4 ounces neufchatel or light cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×9″ baking pan.
- fill a pot with water and heat over medium heat. add the potatoes and boil until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes. see note drain the potatoes and set aside.
- in a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and once it begins to melt add the onion. saute until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. dump the onion and butter into the pot with the potatoes and add the broccoli, ham and cream cheese. stir to combine, not worrying about spreading the cream cheese as it should be left in clumps and dump into the baking dish. top with cheese and bake at 350 for 25 to 35 minutes or until heated through. top with bacon the last minute and serve!