Ingredients for the Porkloin
- 1 boneless pork loin
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 5-6 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Dalandan Reduction (recipe below)
Ingredients for the Dalandan Reduction
- 1 kilo of Dalandan (native orange), juiced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cold Butter
- 1 1/2 cups rich duck or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
Procedure for the Stuffing
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and let it wilt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Procedure for the Porkloin
- While the stuffing is cooking, butterfly the pork loin.
- Use a mallet and pound it out a bit to even out the thickness.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- On plastic wrap, lay out the bacon slices and place the porkloin on top, butterflied side up.
- Add the goat cheese and then put the spinach mixture layer right on top of the goat cheese.
- Very carefully, roll the pork loin up.
- Tightly wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap to help it keep its shape and let all the flavors meld together. Let it sit overnight.
- The next day, unwrap the pork loin and tie it up.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the porkloin in a roasting pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- After you take it out, let it rest for 10 mins before slicing. Serve with the dalandan reduction.
Procedure for the Dalandan Reduction
- Set a saucepan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough, in about 30 seconds, add the shallots and garlic.
- Cook both until fragrant and the shallots begin to caramelize, this takes about 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the orange juice and white wine vinegar. When the juice and vinegar are almost completely reduced, after about 4 minutes, add the chicken stock.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Once the sauce is cooked, swirl the cold butter into the sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste.